Exchange data is stored in OST files at system location as its exact copy. Due to unfortunate reasons or other errors, OST files get orphaned and become inaccessible.
So, at that time quick and easy way to access that data is by converting OST file into PST file. For that, an efficient professional OST to PST Converter Software is needed. Such software should recover OST data and convert it to PST file without causing any error.
Get all data whether lost, corrupted or permanently deleted easily with OST to PST Converter Software
Choose on your demands – Free or Paid Version
Analyze the features supported by our OST to PST Converter Freeware and Shareware, see which one meets with your requirements.
|FREE OR TRIAL VERSION||PAID OR FULL VERSION|
|Drafted as Demo for users||Drafted for full time conversion|
|Data saving restrictions||Unlimited conversion and data saving|
|Not successful in dealing with highly corrupted OST files||Powerful algorithm to deal with any intensity of corrupted OST files|
Both Free and Paid versions are useful in their own ways. Users can take decision as per OST file condition and their needs.
Common OST Files Errors and Issues
List of common errors and their reasons are described below for all users.
- If you encounter a large number of conflicted items in your OST file which is hindering in accessing the file, then the OST file is certainly corrupted due to one or more reasons.
- On very start of your Microsoft Outlook application, you get this error:
“Cannot open your default email folders. The file xxxx.ost is not an offline folder file”xxx.ost is the OST file name with the extension.
- If we talk about reasons of this error, it could be damaged OST file (due to virus infection, sudden termination of Outlook-Exchange synchronization process, Oversized OST, etc.)
Also, other reason could be when Outlook fails to synchronize with Exchange mailbox related with OST file.
Sometimes, when you use Microsoft Outlook to synchronize or open .ost file, you found this error:
Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file xxxx.ost. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool
Outlook fails to synchronize if the .ost file is corrupted or gets orphaned.
- If you are able to open .ost file folders but cannot synchronize them with Exchange Server. In this case, user receives different synchronization error messages as synchronization log in Deleted folder.
Common reason behind this error is that .ost file is damage; email messages are corrupted and restrict the synchronization process.
- One .ost file error is getting differences in messages while switching between offline and online mode.
Corruption in .ost file is again the reason for this error.
- If you not able to find some mailbox items (emails or contacts) as they are missing during the offline mode, then again possibility is there that your .ost file has corruptions.
Manual Way to Convert OST to PST
OST files can be converted manually to PST file using Import and Export feature in Microsoft Outlook.
This method requires installed Microsoft Outlook application and connection with Exchange Server. Perform the conversion with following steps one-by-one.
- Start your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click File>Open>Import.
- Now, in Import and Export wizard, select Export to a file option and click Next.
- On Export to a file page, select Outlook data file (.pst) as file type and click Next.
- In Export Outlook Data File window, expand the OST file. Select the folder you want to move. Check and select
- Include subfolders option. Then, click Next.
- Finally, Browse and provide the destination location of the converted PST file. Choose desired options and click Finish.
- Converted PST file will get saved at the destination location.
Unavoidable Loopholes in Manual Method
Some major limitations of manual way to convert OST to PST files are as follows:
- Same system is required where OST files are created
- OST file must be healthy (not corrupted)
- Connection to Exchange Server is must
- No guarantee of complete data transfer
- Lacks Preview facility of file items